Sunday, November 19, 2006

HI, I'm shame spiraling, how bout you?


Ya ever hear a comment and all of a sudden you start to focus on the one part of your body that is FLABBY. Yeah. Thats where I'm at. On a good day I think, so what. On a bad day, i.e. comment made, I start to think poorly of myself. I should exercise more. I should wake up at four am and go to the gym. I should have visible muscles. I should eat chicken, and vegetables, and very little carbs per day. THESE ARE ALL VERY OLD MESSAGES!!!!!!! Boundaries? what? what are those? nope. Those went away. I am having a human moment.
Ok. Thats it. Its over. I AM VALUABLE. Working out two hours a day did not make me happy. I have to be happy no matter what my thighs look like. J.Bean, if you are reading this I have 14 year thigh story. I believe the boys in question refered to me as "thick" which is always what a young women whose role models were supermodels wants to be described as. NOT! OK, these are old messages. I am letting them go. I am valuble. I am precious. I am ok just as I am. I wil love my thighs just as they are because they walk me everywhere and give my dog a place to hang out when I am on the computer. I love my thighs. I love my flab. I love my legs. (THIS WILL BE MY NEW MANTRA). Insert breath work. Remind self to breath and practice mantras. AHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1 comment:

Bean said...

Stupid boys. They can call us Ms. Jackson if they're nasty! (Quoting Janet Jackson) Hee hee! I'm gonna cut and paste your advice and send it right back atcha...."You are beautiful. AND if (they) still see you as the person you were in (blank) grade then being (them) is punishment enough." Kisses an hugs to you Ms. V!!!!! :O)